Friday, May 25, 2012

Olivia Ann Crofts

Olivia Ann Crofts was born on May 3, 2012. She weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. I had been up with back pain the night before, but figured it was the way she was positioned and so I didn't think anything of it. I got up that morning and took Andrew to school and Dallin to daycare. I went into work and as soon as I got there I realized that it was more than back pain. I went into the doctor's office and he told me we needed to do the c-section right away. It was scheduled for May 8th and so I was very suprised. I called Curt and my Mom and then headed over to labor and delivery. I got there a little after 10:00 am and they started prepping me right away. I was sad because my Dad was in Salt Lake City at meetings and wasn't able to be there. My Mom and Curt got there at about 11:00 and at noon they took us back for the c-section. Everything went very well and at 12:30 pm our little girl was born!

After she was born they brought her over for me to see her. I couldn't believe how perfect she looked!
Curt was able to be there during the c-section and he got to hold Olivia right after she was born. He was one proud Daddy!
I was so thankful that my Mom was able to make it for the delivery.
I called Shelly when I got to the hospital and she headed to St. George with Sammy and Malia. I was so grateful for them because they picked up Andrew and Dallin and brought them to the hospital. It was perfect timing because they got there just after Olivia was born. Andrew was so excited to see his little sister. The look on his face when he walked in the hospital room was priceless. He was so excited! Dallin was a little unsure of everything and he would glance over at his sister, but he didn't want to get too close to her. Dallin had been sick and so we had him wear a mask and Andrew thought that was pretty neat and so he wore one too!
My parents watched the boys while we were in the hospital for 3 nights. They brought them in to visit every day and we are so thankful that they were able to help us out--THANK YOU!! We brought Olivia home on May 6th. It was so nice to have her healthy and finally home! Curt's parents came helped us out for a few days.
We are so blessed to have this beautiful girl join our family.

0 comments: